The California Workers’ Compensation System is incredibility rigid and provides limited benefits for work related injury. This has become more and more true in recent years as the employers in the State have successfully convinced the government to reduce benefits and put systems in place that assign significant medical control to the insurance company. The main trade-off for less benefits when compared to personal injury lawsuits outside the workplace is that all work related accidents and conditions may entitled the employee to benefits that they can apply for regardless of fault. The no fault nature of the system means that many more people will receive help for injuries than in a fault based system. This means benefits will naturally need to be lower for the system to be cost-effective. There are mainly only Four Work Comp Benefits You May Be Entitled To Receive.
The Four Benefits Of Workers’ Compensation Under California Law
- Temporary Disability Benefit: Wage replacement equal to two thirds of the workers average gross pay up to a certain weekly maximum
rate that can be collected for a maximum of two years.
- Permanent Disability Benefit: Money provided to compensate the worker for any permanent injuries that will reduce their earning capacity in the future due to hindered ability to compete in the open labor market.
- Medical Treatment Benefit: Care to cure and relieve the injury or work related medical condition. Medical treatment plan for the future once the condition reaches maximum medical improvement.
- Job Retraining Benefits: $6,000.00 voucher for retraining in the event the job related medical condition prohibits the employee from returning to their old job and the employer cannot offer accommodation for the new restrictions.
- Lump Sum Payment Option: An attorney may be able to negotiate lump sum payment option which settles out all of the four benefits with one lump payment to the injured worker. This is a very popular option that is generally only obtainable with lawyer representation.
We Provide Needed Help To Obtain The Four Benefits!
The system is rigid with manny hurdles along the way. Navigating the claims process is stressful and can hinder injury recovery. To fight for more benefits and to obtain a clear path through the workers compensation system, many turn to work comp lawyers for help. Here at Napolin Law Firm, we fight hard for our clients and offer them the guidance and advice they need through the process to maximize their position, both inside and outside the workplace.
If you or a loved family member or friend has experienced a work related accident injury or has developed a condition that is believed to be related to the job, do not hesitate to contact us at 909.325.6032 for guidance. We enjoy helping those in need of it. When you call us, you receive an absolutely free discussion with Mr. Napolin himself. And, should you need to meet in person, you can set up a meeting with him at his local workers compensation law office. We serve the Inland Empire, including the communities of Fontana, Rancho Cucamonga, Ontario, Rialto, Colton, Corona, Norco, Riverside, Redlands, Highland and San Bernardino. For more information call us or visit our website at www.WorkersCompLawyerIE.com.
Originally posted 2014-09-13 20:59:46. Republished by Blog Post Promoter